Sunday, April 28, 2013

Croak-Croak!


What an amazing weather change last Saturday brought to us. It was the day that one could almost stand and watch the snow retreating from where it has held on far too long.
With that retreat, an unfriendly reminder of thoughtless began to emerge. In the past I have spoken about the beauty of my little commute in the country to Ladysmith. Each year I am filled with hope that everyone has become more attuned to the environment and keeps a trash bag in their car, appropriately disposing of trash when they get home. Each year when the snow recedes I hold my breath. This year I think I am seeing less of the ‘toss out the window’ stuff, but very sadly I see a sets of tires in the ditch and an old television. I wonder what was learned by the young children riding in the car with the thoughtless parent who tossed out the tires on the side of the beautiful country road.
So what will I do? I will be out there on this beautiful afternoon for an hour or two, to do what I can to beautiful my little place in the world. I will call my town supervisor to see what can be done about the old television and tires. I know he will help, but I also know his work and my tax dollar could be spent in a more productive way.
I will hope that someone reading this column will gather their children and grandchildren with bags and gloves to pick up the ugliness left behind by a few thoughtless people. I know these children will learn to be stewards of the land they live on when their families care for the environment. And I will look forward to a more beautiful commute next spring as the snow recedes.
This next Saturday is for the birds! Bring your children to Toad House to create a beautiful gourd birdhouse with your child. See you there!

from ‘Croak-Croak’ Toads Environmental Song
artwork from Janelle Thompson


If you see some paper trash, pick it up (croak-croak)
If you see some plastic trash, pick it up (croak-croak)
You will help the little toads by putting garbage where it goes,
Please help the little toads, pick it up! (croak-croak)

11 comments:

  1. Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice practices and we are looking to trade solutions with other folks, please shoot me an email if interested.



    Here is my homepage :: wikipolitica-it.piega.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be able to find good information from your blog posts.


    Also visit my homepage :: socialitaly.altervista.Org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wonderful weblog format! How lengthy have you ever been running a
    blog for? you made blogging glance easy.
    The full look of your web site is great, let alone the content!



    Here is my webpage :: remote control cars for adults

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

    my website akribos xxiv watches for women

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touche. Solid arguments. Keep up the amazing spirit.

    Stop by my blog post; seo expert

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    Feel free to surf to my website - bipolardisorderwiki.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted
    to say that I've really loved browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing for your
    feed and I'm hoping you write again very soon!

    my website - armitron watches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It actually was once a leisure account it.
    Glance complex to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate?



    Here is my blog post http://fab.sfc.keio.ac.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyway, just wanted to say great blog!

    Feel free to visit my blog; best remote control

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you have been using? I'm experiencing some minor security problems
    with my latest website and I would like to find something
    more secure. Do you have any suggestions?

    my web page Http://Www.Waterleaf.eu

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is appropriate time to make a few plans
    for the long run and it's time to be happy. I've learn this submit and if I may I wish to counsel you few attention-grabbing issues or advice.
    Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article.

    I wish to read even more things approximately it!

    Feel free to surf to my blog; akribos xxiv

    ReplyDelete